Part-time Bookkeeper & Office Administrator
PART TIME BOOKKEEPER & OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS
Part-time bookkeeper and office administrator required for vibrant and fast growing PR & Communications firm based in Hoxton, East London. You will be working with a super friendly team in a relaxed but professional office environment.
The responsibilities of the role are to reconcile bank payments, input and reconcile petty cash and credit cards, process employee expenses, input sub agent invoices and respond to sub agent queries, input purchase invoices and respond to supplier enquiries, process supplier payment run fortnightly, process deposit payment run weekly, update deposit spreadsheet with new commission and deposits received, raise VAT invoices and update database, month end tasks, review aged creditors for missing invoices, match open cash and general ad hoc duties.
The day to day office administrator role encompassed the running of the systems, phones, computer and internet access, ordering office supplies and ensuring the office space remains organised, as well as maintaining the office spreadsheets from holidays to sick time. The role also included regular meetings with individual team members and feeding back to the management team, administering and organising team calendar events and helping to ensure a happy office environment for everyone.
You will report to management on a weekly basis, however you are encouraged to liaise with accounts and also the external accountants for any departmental or VAT queries.
The role requires 2-3 days per week, which can be spread over days to suit you.
In terms of specific roles and responsibilities, see below – more information can be provided with individuals who enquire:
- Upload all supplier invoices on to FreeAgent and inputting anything which needs to be recharged on to the expense spreadsheet
- Reconcile items on expense spreadsheet against FreeAgent
- Input staff expenses on to FreeAgent and reconcile the same against expense spreadsheet, then pass what is due to each staff member on to director to arrange reimbursement
- Raise sales invoices along with calculating recharged expenses and including on to sales invoice
- Chase up debtors for outstanding invoices due
- Deal with creditors queries and pass information on to director
- Produce weekly list of invoices due to creditors, detailing invoice date/amount and when it is due to be paid
- When debtors pay into the account update the accounts master file
- Reconcile the bank and explain all transactions, making sure everything that has been paid has been input on the expense spreadsheet
- Day to day running of the systems / phones / computer and internet access
- Ordering of office supplies
- Ensuring staff keep things tidy
- Organising the office (boxes / magazines etc.)
- Administering internal spreadsheets from holiday time to sick days
- Orchestrating monthly meetings with individual team members and feeding back to the management team
- Organising & administering team calendar events
- Managing the internal happiness budget