Robert Half Finance & Accounting are recruiting a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Controller to join Subway - Bristol and West (The Pasco Group -Regional Subway Franchisee Development Agents.)
Pasco group owns 15 stores across Bristol, Bath and Somerset and is committed to the ongoing development of Subway in the South West Region.
The company currently turns over cGBP7m and employs over 120 people.
An opportunity has arisen for a Financial Controller to join Subway - Bristol and West as the number one in Finance - managing a team of two. This role offers a chance to work very closely with the business owners and potential to progress into the role of General Manger of the business. This will be a diverse role which will include being the most senior member of staff in the business whilst the business owners are out of the country for extended periods of time. This is a truly unique opportunity.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the day to day Financial Management of the company
- Responsible for delivering accurate and timely reports; weekly profitability, monthly performance reports and quarterly Managements Accounts (using Sage 50 and moving to Xero from 1st July 2017).
- Responsible for delivering accurate and timely quarterly and annual reports to the Banking Relationship Manager.
- Using the outputs from the EPOS system (sales volumes, staffing costs, profit reports etc) to deliver insightful analysis to support effective business decision making
- Proactive with a strong commitment to achieve results and contribute to the overall success and profitability of the business, not just limited to financial
- Prepare quarterly management accounts including budgets, P&L, balance sheets, cash-flows and manage variances to identify opportunities and inefficiencies for better controls & savings
- Liaise with external Accountants & Auditors throughout and at year-end and ensure accuracy of statutory accounts
- Monitor and check budgets and management accounts through planning, coordination and communication with other teams in the company
- Analyse all costs including overhead costs, and make suggestions as to how these costs can be minimized - improving the bottom line
- Work with the Operations/Area Managers to identify, report and track where savings can be made or improved profitability in the stores
- To manage and develop our in house Assistant Accountant and Payroll Assistant, to improve their skillset and understanding within the financial and operational aspects of the company
- Responsible to oversee payroll/HR administrator and payroll process for the company (using Sage Payroll/Xero), to check accuracies and challenge from time to time.
- Implement and maintain financial controls and utilise strong analytic skills with a resourceful and energetic approach in order to overcome problems
- To motivate and lead the admin team but also have the ability to work on own initiative, and willing to do what is required to get the job done and contribute value to the company
- Monthly production of VAT payments and reports
- Provide absolute clarity as to the financial status of the Company and recommend actions to the Managing Directors and Management Team
- Work with Managing Directors and associated family business to help set up and maintain the financial books of Accounts and assist staff to keep and improve systems & processes
- Build robust financial forecasts, cash flows and financial strategies to underpin various projects within the company, such as potential acquisitions or disposals.
- Ad hoc projects
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Financial Management Experience
- Advanced (Strong) Excel skills, experience of using Sage 50 accounts, Sage 50 payroll and Xero.
- Embrace and enjoy change: adapt and be flexible, managing changing priorities on a day to day basis
- Strong Management Skills - ability to persuade, influence and motivate colleagues
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills across all staff levels, a genuine interest and desire to be involved with the entire Pasco Group team
- Strong Business acumen
- Good, accurate attention to detail
- Self-starter - Positive 'can do' attitude and willing to assist in all aspects of the business.
Salary & Benefits
The Salary range for this role is GBP45,000-GBP50,000 dependent on experience. There is huge potential for this role to diversify and there is potential for the successful candidate to develop their own Bonus/profit share scheme, in addition to other benefits for the wider business.
THIS IS AN EXCLUSIVE CAMPAIGN WITH ROBERT HALF - ALL THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE FORWARDED TO ROBERT HALF AS PART OF THE EXCLUSIVITY AGREEMENT
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.