Head of Retail Advisory
My client is a c.GBP165m real estate consultancy which has ambitions to be the market leading building consultancy of choice and disrupt the current advisory model. The Retail team has an enviable list of clients ranging from retailer, leisure, food store and banking. They offer a complete professional service offering including asset management, business rates, development consultancy, agency and planning.
The client are looking for an individual to lead the cGBP18m t/o Retail service line across the entire business. The role will sit above the two major areas of the retail business: Professional and Investment/ Agency and help to further grow and develop the offering on a national basis. The board would like this individual to bring a more strategic element to the offering and to this end an individual who has experience working on estates / portfolios going through significant change / value generation would be advantageous.
The Head of Retail has direct oversight of the Retail business including all operational matters, client management and new business generation. They must show experience in portfolio / estates rationalisation and transformation, not necessarily with retailers but on large complex estates. The role will report directly into the Real Estate Advisory board and work closely with board members and senior management.
This position will be very client facing and therefore an indivudal used to operating at senior stakeholder / board level is key.
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and tactical implementation
- Excellent influencing and persuading skills
- Innovative problem solver
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work seamlessly across all levels (board level, clients, service lines)
- Strong project managing skills and ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- Strong attention to detail
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Qualifications & Experience
- Chartered Surveyor (not a necessity)
- Degree level qualification
- Experience of working in a consultancy / advisory environment.
- Experience of working in a retail environment.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethics
- Team leader and player
- Ability to liaise at all levels within an organisation
- Proactive 'can do' attitude
- Ability to influence and persuade
- High level of negotiating skills
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Mutually beneficial relationship builder