Robert Half are working in partnership with Rowse Honey to recruit a Commercial Accountant to join their finance department, based at their headquarters in Wallingford.
Rowse Honey was purchased by Valeo Foods in early 2014, a highly acquisitive Irish food manufacturing brand who specialise in wholesome, nutritious and fun, family food brands.
The business has continued to grow and in recent years has become the UK's number 1 spread brand.
The role will be based at Rowse's UK headquarters in Wallingford, South-East Oxfordshire
The Commercial Accountant is a critical position within the finance department, with output from this role forming part of weekly updates to the group exec. This position partners the Sales and Marketing teams and the individual needs to build strong relationships with their respective team members.
The role covers the Valeo UK portfolio that is sold in the UK, including Rowse, Balconi, Kelkin and Bollands.
Some of the duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Business Partnering with both the Sales Director and Marketing Director, as well as their respective teams
- Full ownership of the commercial reporting tool (currently Qlikview), ensuring data is accurately collated and cleansed
- Providing support on Commercial Decision making and planning. Critically evaluating business performance and providing Commercial challenge to drive profitability
- Accounting for Commercial Arrangements with customers e.g. Promotions, Terms of Business and Trade Marketing spend
- Run the Period Close Process including accruals management and PY balance reconciliations, month end journals and reporting
- Financial Modelling to understand and communicate the impact of changes in economic environment or sales strategy.
- Supporting the Sales team through Tender Processes and Pricing Reviews
- Promotional Activity planning, control and evaluation
- Weekly/ monthly reporting to review Business Performance - Actuals vs Forecast / Budget / PY with gap analysis to drill into and to understand the drivers behind the changes
- Owning the Commercial Cost Model, maintaining & testing the inputs from within the business and external.
- Ad-hoc duties as required
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent)
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to demonstrate good commercial awareness
- Ability to communicate with non-finance managers
- Manufacturing experience, preferable FMCG
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- GBP50-55,000 depending on experience
- 25 days (plus bank holidays) annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- 40 hour working week
- Free onsite parking
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE FORWARDED TO ROBERT HALF
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.