Learning Resource Centre Manager
Summary of responsibilities:
To manage the Learning Resource Centres on the Bispham and Fleetwood campuses. Liaison with the Curriculum Area of Engineering.
- To lead a team of staff who provide an innovative, customer-centred Learning Resources service to students and staff on the Bispham Campus.
- To carry out staff development, performance reviews and HR related paperwork.
- To manage and arrange staff leave and cover within the team to ensure a consistent service, sometimes at late notice.
- To help, coach and support the Learning Resources Adviser, Fleetwood.
- To answer enquiries and requests for information received both in person and electronically and to support the team in doing so.
- To design and run an induction and user education programme that suits the needs of students on the Bispham Campus.
- To promote the services of the Centre to students and staff using a range of media and activities.
- To organise the purchase and management of stock so that it suits the needs of students on the Bispham Campus monitoring budget spend, taking particular responsibility for the Curriculum Area of Engineering.
- To liaise with students and assess how they feel about the Centre's services and use this knowledge to develop the provision producing statistical reports as necessary.
- To have an understanding of a wide range of educational learning technologies and the ability to deliver staff development sessions and offer support on these to academic staff.
- To support academic staff with the development of digital resources.
- To assist in the development and validation of new courses within the relevant subject areas.
- To liaise with the Finance department over cash handling and banking with regard to the collection of fines, photocopier and stationery sales in accordance with the college's financial regulations.
- To arrange and promote student enhancement activities within the Learning Resource Centre.
- To maintain a range of purposeful, tidy and welcoming working environments for students within the Resource Centre maintaining acceptable levels of behaviour
- To ensure safe practices with regard to health and safety by ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements and completing and reviewing risk assessments where appropriate.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder.