CALLING ALL SME FINANCIAL CONTROLLERS!
I am currently recruiting for an owner-managed distribution business based in Eastleigh, and would like to speak with Financial Controllers who have experience in small to medium sized organisations who are looking for a fresh challenge. This position will report directly to the owners of the business, and in this new role you will be responsible for a small finance function and implementing new and robust processes across the finance team, as well as providing meaningful insight and analysis to the rest of the business to help guide decision making.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Overall control of accounting information, including ensuring all financial data has been captured in the ledger accounts and analysis and input of accruals & prepayments
- Control of purchase and sales ledgers
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Manage accounting side of stock control, and balance stock reports to balance sheet at month end and journalise any differences
- Organise fortnightly wages and monthly salaries payments, liaise between staff and the pension provider, and assist staff with Child Care Scheme
- Produce monthly income statement and balance sheet with variance and trend analysis
- Ratio analysis and departmental splits on KPIs
- Cash-flow analysis and 12 month projections
- Manage financials of parent holding company
- Review quarterly accounts for overseas JV's and subsidiaries, and report to Directors
- Prepare consolidated group accounts for parent company
- Re-value bank, debtors, and creditors accounts according to exchange rate fluctuations
- VAT/EU Sales
- Continuous Improvement Plan: Including upgrade of ERP system, updating of current processes, generate new reports on customer profitability
The successful candidate will have the following experience and competencies:
- Fully Qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA). Degree (Batchelors) is beneficial, but strong overall education history is important
- Experience in manufacturing, distribution, or FMCG - beneficial
- Comfortable in a multi-site function
Salary & Benefits
GBP55k - GBP65k plus benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.