To take responsibility for the cost & value reporting for a sub-project whilst providing key inputs into the negotiation & resolution of commercial claims.
Key responsibilities will include procurement of materials and suppliers as well as the day to day commercial management of the project. The QS will be responsible for the completion of payment applications.
- Preparation of Tender Packages, enquiries, analysis, negotiation, scope of works & levelling activities culminating in client recommendation & issue of award letter.
- Evaluate tenders & produce tender recommendations in accordance with the National Joint Consultative Committee for Building (NJCC) codes of tendering.
- Act as the internal subject matter expert (SME) & escalation point (internally & externally) for all QS related issues on nominated projects
- Conduct measurements & calculations either on-site or from drawings resulting in accurate cost evaluations & associated reports
- Issue variation instructions based on scope of works & other contractual documentation for multiple projects
- Provide advice & expertise on compensation events & change requests
- Negotiate valuations & final accounts across a range of activities for different projects
- Provide routine contract administration, management & advice
- Price benchmarking ensuring that pricing is accurate & consistent
- Issuing & managing all internal PO's issued to suppliers
- Managing QS interface on internal database ensuring all costs are tracked & validated.
- Work closely with Project Managers, Property Consultants, Project Engineers & other key stakeholders
- Timely & accurate recording of information on internal and client databases
- Prepare high-quality, accurate reports for both internal & external distribution as required
- Understand, promote and comply with QA, Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or a related discipline
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal & written
- Strong working knowledge of contract documents, construction practises & techniques
- Ability to analyse data/information, interpret & report on results or findings
- Ability to interpret & make calculations based on drawings
- Sound commercial awareness & business acumen
- Flexible & professional approach to work
- Self-motivated, confident & organised
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships with all relevant stakeholders