Marc Daniels is currently recruiting on behalf of a well-known company who are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join their Finance Department based in Marlow.
Provision of financial support
* General ledger reconciliations.
* General Accruals schedules, journals, and postings.
* Prepayment schedules journals and postings.
* Month end balance sheet folder.
* Verifying and analysing credit card transactions.
* Assisting with monthly revenue/cost of sale/overhead accruals as directed.
* Assisting with balance sheet analysis and reconciliation work.
* Maintain purchase to pay system, creating items and linking vendors.
* Raise purchase orders for a set list of suppliers.
* P&L allocation of consolidated supplier invoices.
Analysis / Queries
* Complete analyses which will help management to run the DDM business more cost effectively by:
* Assisting with cost analysis and allocations for forecasting, liaising with Sales, Customer Services and Operations employees to solve queries.
* Monitoring costs and spotting / highlighting trends or anomalies
* Assist colleagues with queries on raising purchase orders.
Provision of fiscal information
* Assist in preparing the accounts data for the month end Head Office and Board Pack, thus ensuring the company meets it's legal and business reporting requirements.(Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet).
* Help close the year end accounts by performing specific year end accounting task as specified by the Management Accountant.
* Assistance with Internal audits and external audits as directed by the Management Accountant.
* Personal Development
* The company encourages training and will support specific training agreed with their line manager.
* Actively identify where systems or procedures may be improved and make realistic / workable improvements or solutions to add value to the business.
Organising /Prioritising Work
* The job holder is responsible for carrying out day-to-day tasks with limited supervision within agreed delegated guidelines. The job holder will organise own work to ensure monthly, ad hoc and project deadlines are met and queries resolved promptly.
* This will also involve planning with the Management Accountant weeks / months ahead to ensure agreed monthly, quarterly and half yearly deadlines are met.
* Re-prioritising and reorganising work during the month as issues/queries arise, and follow up actions are identified