Private Client Tax Senior - Top 25 practice
The role of Tax Senior will be to look after the day to day running of a portfolio of clients and assist with advisory work deriving from that portfolio. You will also support on ad-hoc projects and advise as necessary.
Our client is a top 25 chartered accountancy firm based in London. The practice is made up of 36 Partners and approximately 320 staff providing services including audit, corporate taxation, private client services, VAT, business recovery and forensic accounting.
The Private Client department comprises 30 specialist staff and is headed by 6 Partners and 2 Principals. The department deals with private clients and trusts. The portfolio of clients will include a mix of high profile individuals, professional persons, partnerships and entrepreneurs
The successful candidate will be expected to show common sense and be quick to gain knowledge of the client's affairs; to seek advice from managers before making decisions and feel equally confident communicating with clients, Partners, and colleagues.
This role will provide an interesting and varied portfolio and the opportunity to work with an enthusiastic, successful and motivated team.
- Preparation of tax returns for review by the Manager
- Assist with the training and supervision of more junior members of staff
- Assist with the general private client issues and suggest tax planning opportunities for clients within their portfolio
- Communication and correspondence with HMRC
- Communication with and answering queries from clients
- ATT qualified with a good exam record
- A minimum of 2 years' personal tax experience preferably within a practice environment
- A good eye for detail
- A good team player
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word applications
- Highly organised
- Good general knowledge of income tax, capital allowances, employment taxes, capital gains tax and benefits, and non-doms.
- A basic knowledge of capital gains tax, treatment of foreign income, capital allowances, tax credits, and inheritance tax
- Knowledge of Digita software highly advantageous
- GBP28,000 - GBP32,000 depending on skills and experience
- CTA study support
- On the job training and development
- Flexible benefits including buying and selling holidays
Please contact Sara-Louise Olsson on for a confidential discussion