Part-time Building Surveyor
Part-time Building Surveyor
If you are an experienced Building Surveyor looking to take on a new challenge, we have a fantastic opportunity to join our Asset Consultancy team. Working across a range of fascinating projects in the UK, this is a brilliant opportunity for an individual looking to solve a hugely varied range of technical challenges in a fundamentally client focussed way.
We are open to both full and part time applicants (ideally at least 3 days per week) for this position. The individual could sit in either out Bath or London office.
What is Asset Consultancy?
Our Asset Consulting team is part of a wider Specialist Engineering group, they work with clients to provide the processes to keep their built assets running smoothly and efficiently. They develop cutting edge solutions to enable clients to own, operate, maintain and remodel their operations, buildings, or facilities to best financial and environmental advantage. With previous involvement in high-profile projects such as the British Museum, Tower 42 and the Lloyds Building, our Asset Consultancy team have established themselves as true specialists in their field.
What will I be doing?
Senior Consultants are responsible for taking a lead on technical problem solving and whole projects across many sectors including sport and culture, aviation, commercial, scientific and education. Recent projects have included major airports, national football stadia, university campuses and corporate headquarter buildings as well as an ongoing portfolio of work in the local region.
Input to the projects is likely to be varied but will include the requirement to:
- Prepare technical reports, schedules and specifications.
- Act as Job Leader.
- Manage and prioritise own workload and that of technical, administrative and sub-consultants to ensure timely project delivery and Client satisfaction.
- Prepare financial proposals for new work.
- Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning job resourcing/expenditure.
- Ensure all relevant BH staff are informed of client matters.
- Commitment to CPD and self learning / development.
- Actively seek new opportunities for the Group internally and externally; actively cross-sell other BuroHappold disciplines externally
More about you...
As an experienced Building Surveyor, it is expected that you will be able to demonstrate:
- Chartered Building Surveyor (RICS) with experience in facilities management/property consultancy.
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organisation, combined with ability to work independently.
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports for delivery direct to a client audience
- The applicant will need to be an excellent communicator (verbal, written and listening) with experience of presenting (you will often be required to present solutions directly to clients)
- Bachelors degree (BEng) / BSc or Masters degree (MEng) / MSc in relevant discipline.
- Mobility to travel at short notice.
We can offer exceptional opportunities to...
- Solve a broad range of challenges in a fundamentally client focussed manner, presenting directly to high level clients, including company CEO's, heads of property, et al.
- Advance your technical capability and consultancy skils by utilising the extensive knowledge base available within BuroHappold's truly multidisciplinary environment;
- Be part of a close-knit, friendly team in Bath with a buoyant social side and a supportive environment.
For a confidential and informal discussion about this role, please contact Thomas White in the BuroHappold recruitment team on 01225320600 or firstname.lastname@example.org