Corporate Tax Senior - London
An international practice of Chartered Accountants with its head office in the United Kingdom. Specialises in personal and business taxation, and financial advice to international groups and private individuals.
The position is within the Business Tax Group in London, where you will be responsible for the compliance of a portfolio of c150 business tax clients. You will also have the opportunity to support managers on advisory work as and when the need arises.
In particular, they would welcome applications from candidates who have the potential and personally aspire to study for the Chartered Institute of Taxation's Chartered Tax Advisor ("CTA") qualification with the firm.
- Qualifications - ACA
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time and task management
- Strong inter-personal skills to engage confidently with managers, colleagues and clients, and to work effectively within a team
- Self-driven, pro-active and highly motivated
- Strong attention to detail and a desire for excellence, technically and in delivery of tasks
- Computer literate and receptive to technology changes
You will be involved within the Business Tax Group on a wide variety of work including:
- Responsibility for the compliance management for a portfolio of around 150 companies and partnerships
- Collation of information for company/partnership tax returns, involving liaison with clients by telephone, email and formal letter
- Preparation of company and partnership tax returns and computations for manager review on Alphatax software, including the setting up of tax working paper files, and advising on payments
- Tagging and reviewing iXBRL accounts
- Preparing non-resident landlord, Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings and Employment-related Securities returns
- Drafting correspondence with HMRC and clients
- Supporting managers on planning and advisory matters as appropriate
- Attending meetings with managers
- Assisting with technical research
- Supporting the administration of the department
- Assist with tax advisory projects as the need arises