Accounts Payable Team Leader
Accounts payable manager/Team leader position based within a large investment bank based in the City of London.
Supervise the efficient and effective performance of the Accounts Payable function in all its many facets including the AP system (Concur) and the training & development of the Accounts Payable team.
The role requires leadership and management of 4-6 team members including responsibility for staff development, ensuring cross-coverage of skills and maintenance of procedures and controls for the AP function.
The role is also a key owner of the AP system (Concur) along with the finance IT team and senior finance leadership. As part of this group, the AP team leader must drive forward improvements in the system from both a controls, efficiency and user experience perspective.
The AP team also has responsibility for the administration of the travel booking system (Hillgate).
Key processes and controls under supervision include:
- Processing and checking of expense claims in Concur
- Processing, coding and checking of invoices in Concur
- Ensuring appropriate controls and procedures
- Liaising with tax, compliance, finance and others to ensure capture of required data within system
- Capture of BACS payment information
- Reconciliation of key ledgers and recharge accounts
- Reconciliation and control of petty cash
- Weekly cheque and BACS payment runs
- Funding of daily salary transfers
- The maintenance of the Hillgate Travel booking system and processing of the weekly Hillgate invoices
- Maintenance of accounts payable team procedures manual
- Processing and analysis of central recharges
- Ad hoc requests
Technical skills and knowledge
- Very strong knowledge of accounts payable including experience of automated expense and invoice processing
- Experience of general ledger systems (e.g. JD Edwards)
- Strong managerial experience and a track record of driving change
- Experience of providing training and knowledge sharing
- Awareness and understanding of tax legislation in regard to personal expenses and invoices
- Systematic approach in analysing and solving problems with excellent attention to detail
Other skills and personal attributes
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and able to work without close supervision
- Ability to manage projects with multiple stakeholders
- Team player with experience of leading teams/projects
- Personable and confident manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory)
Any other attributes that would be helpful, but not essential for the role.
- Experience using Concur
The successful applicant will receive GBP45,000-GBP55,000 along with a full benefits package.