Based in Uxbridge, our client is a recognisable and fast paced company looking for a Finance Manager to join their team.
This job would suit a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a strong academic record who has the ability to assist the Financial Controller in the month end, forecasting and budgeting process as well as running a number of on going ad hoc projects and partnering with various business stakeholders in order to maximise commercial opportunities across the business.
This company is an award winner, market leader with over 50 years' experience, employing over 700 people across the UK and a key division of a market leading international group.
The successful individual will be a qualified accountant with experience in managing month end process and preparing full set of management accounts as well as the ability to achieve tight deadlines with high degree of quality and understanding. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively at all levels. A highly numerate and analytical mindset is essential as is a high level of attention to detail. Strong IT skills with excellent excel knowledge is vital. Experience with Microsoft GP dynamics and Hyperion Financial Management is desirable, but not essential and exposure to US GAAP would be an advantage.
Duties will include:
- Complete Monthly, Quarterly and Annual US submission to support effective forecasting and cost savings for maximum cost income ratio
- Assisting with the annual budget/plan cycle
- Complete Monthly Cost and Margin reviews
- Prepare and/or Review weekly and monthly Sales
- Prepare monthly management accounts and Board Pack along with variance analysis and commentary; responding to/communicating with regional managers and branches as appropriate
- Ensuring Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed and reviewed
- Ensure appropriate postings are included for all journals, accruals and prepayments.
- Monitoring cash balances and preparing regular cash forecasting
- Provide support to business planning and forecasting activity including critical review with operational staff and sensitivity analysis
- Work with the Operations Directors to provide suitable analysis, KPIs and commentaries to meet Board expectations
- Present Operations' rationale behind forecast and budget numbers and demonstrate where you have challenged as necessary
- Supporting internal and external audit process
- Provide analysis and Support to the Financial Controller
- Project management for finance driven initiatives within the business
- Supervising Junior members of the team
- Business Partnering with senior and middle management
- Preparation and review of ad-hoc Internal, external and some statutory financial reports
- Working with Regional Operations managers to set annual business targets
- Planning and implementation of various commercial projects
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability
This job was originally posted as