Developers- Front End and Back End development
We are looking for a permanent Developer to be based in Warrington to work alongside various Agile teams on large-scale digital transformation programmes.
We are looking for developers and senior developers who can work across a range of projects. During the application process we will take your skills and any preference you express on board and aim to match you to an appropriate project. We move staff between projects on need and request.
Each platform is selecting and using an appropriate technology stack for the problem at hand.
You'll share the responsibility for the digital transformation of big organisations. You'll ensure high-quality code is delivered in line with project goals and delivery cycles. You'll thrive using Agile methods and enjoy working openly, collaboratively and as part of a multidisciplinary team focused on one or more projects. Above all, you'll want to make organisations better, which may sometimes involve challenging the status quo.
As a Developer you'll:
- build RESTful web services to serve a variety of citizen and government needs, taking responsibility for the quality of code you produce
- implement toolkits and APIs for purposes such as integration, performance optimisation, security and scalability
- build automated tests to support our continuous deployment environment
- share knowledge of tools and techniques with your wider team, both developers and non-developers
- act as a digital ambassador across our clients, supporting recruitment, identifying good practices to adopt and sharing experiences, eg through blog posts, tech talks at conferences etc.
- participate in our in-house (2nd line) support, and potentially the out-of-hours support rota (evenings and weekends for one week every 8 weeks) - you'll be paid an allowance, and a further hourly payment, for any duties you perform when on call
- be involved in helping recruit developers and where appropriate, helping sift and interview
Skills and experience
For the Developer role it is essential that you have:
- experience in Front End and/or Back End development, with detailed knowledge of at least one programming language:
- understanding of software design principles
- ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- a systematic approach to solving problems
- experience of using testing to validate solutions
- understanding of agile environments and version control
- basic understanding about web security
- an awareness of technologies used for web applications, eg databases, backups, CDNs and search, and of Unix-like operating systems, eg Linux and/or Mac OS experience of working on, or with web technologies
If this sounds like your next opportunity and would like to find out more, please apply now for more information.
Location: Warrington and flexible working approach.
Salary: Band between GBP23k-GBP35k p.a which varies depending on skill-set and experience (+ benefits including 24 days holiday, pension etc)