You'll be working with the Senior Management Accountant to provide the information and analytical skills needed to achieve the strategic objectives of the business and to provide the operational teams with expertise and guidance on all financial matters. The commercial solutions you provide will play a key role in our future growth and profitability.
You'll proactively support the business through the production and distribution of monthly operational management accounts, memorandum accounts and weekly indicator reports, ensuring the accuracy of all reports.
Key to the role will be your ability to highlight performance issues to the business, identifying and maximising the profitability of the business and co-ordinating business planning by producing effective forecasting and budgeting. This will be supported by the development of close working relationships with the operational teams. You will also play a key role in the ongoing development of financial systems to support the business.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience within a commercially focused finance team, working in close liaison with senior management.
- A high degree of commercial acumen is essential, together with the ability to think through the numbers and communicate effectively the interpretation of key issues in a clear, concise manner.
- Experience of working with a variety of complex contract formats and contracts that are of sufficient size and complexity to warrant dedicated finance support
- Good education to at least graduate level/equivalent
- Appropriate Accounting qualification to at least part qualified (CIMA/ACMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Strong people management skills, managing through a team and working effectively with colleagues in the division
- A clear thinker, commercially focused, calm under pressure, and an excellent communicator
- Good influencing skills with senior managers, using clear logical data presented in a structured manner that shapes business decisions.
- Excellent ICT skills including Excel (pivot tables, SUMIF, VLOOKUP etc.) and PowerPoint
- Experience of SAP/Business Objects or similar is preferred
The OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.
This job was originally posted as