Lecturer in Early Years - Colchester Institute
Job Title: Lecturer in Early Years
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Regulated Activity: Yes
Responsible to: Head of Early Years FE
Line Management of Other Staff: No
Grade: Band 2 (point 30 - 37)
To undertake teaching and other duties associated with the role of a Band 2 Lecturer for one year commencing in July 2017. A specific teaching programme and areas of responsibility will be identified depending upon qualifications and experience. A Band 2 Lecturer, in addition to a comprehensive teaching role will have permanent course leadership responsibilities. This could be responsibility for a complex course with a large number of students or responsibility for a number of smaller courses with fewer students, in each case it will require liaising with a number of lecturers and other staff who support the delivery of the courses.
1. Comprehensive teaching responsibilities: designing schemes of work, assessing, preparation, delivery, marking, student interviewing/guidance, individual student tutoring and marketing/promoting courses/attending Open/Schools events.
2. Significant course leadership including related pastoral, administrative and development e.g. developing new courses
3. Permanent additional responsibilities, including employer engagement, assessing in the workplace and work placement organisation and visiting.
4. Participating in the annual evaluation procedures and processes and communicating outcomes to senior colleagues as required
5. Work to promote and apply the College's Equality and Diversity Policy and Practices.
6 Work to promote and apply the College's Safeguarding and Child Protection policy and practices.
7 To apply Colchester Institute's Health & Safety Policy
8 Undertaking such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post
Closing date 19 May 2017