- Full Time
Within continued growth Liberty Living, a Student Accommodation provider, is looking to acquire a Management Accountant.
Details about the Client
Liberty Living is the second largest student accommodation provider in the UK, wholly owned by AAA investor, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB). Liberty Living work in conjunction with universities and other representative bodies to provide modern, stylish and affordable accommodation to the growing student population in the UK and Europe.
At present, Liberty Living manages approximately 25,000 beds in 21 different cities across 3 countries; UK, Germany and Spain and is looking to further its expansion in a market that has almost doubles over the past 20 years. With international operations in both Bremen and Valencia Liberty Living is establishing itself as a market leader in student accommodation offering great, centrally located residences with an easy online booking system to pay for the all-inclusive rent. With such tremendous growth the opportunities are endless and Liberty Living is looking for an energetic professional to produce the management information pack for a GBP2.2 billion asset portfolio.
Detailed Job Description
Reporting to the Finance Director the key responsibilities of this management accountant will be wide-ranging and the correct candidate will take ownership for the entire finance board pack with an emphasis on extracting value for the Senior Management Team and the CPPIB board. The correct candidate will provide full and detailed commentary that will be used internally.
Further responsibilities will also include:
- Full Ownership for Budget Progression to be presented to the Finance Director
- Production of full P&L and supporting commentary
- Review of detailed variance analysis for national and international subsidiaries
- Production of full year forecasts with commentary by build
- Working with property to provide commercial direction
- Full reporting for Capex projects in liaison with the Property Services team
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following profile:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ CIMA/ACA)
- Technically savvy with comprehensive Microsoft Office skills
- An understanding and commitment to Liberty Living's values
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- An ambitious and driven individual who is motivated to deliver within a high growth sector
- Ability to work in an acquisitive environment with high level of attention to detail
- Well, organized, plans effectively and prioritises time according to what matters most
- Ability to handle detailed queries with tact and diplomacy
What's on Offer
The offer to the successful Management Accountant will be between GBP50,000 - GBP55,000 depending on experience plus benefits. You will also join a team orientated environment with an opportunity to establish a career in a growing organisation.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFEZ