Cover Tutor Opportunities - HMP Belmarsh
Have you ever considered working with offenders? Do you want to work in an environment where you can really make a difference?
Novus learning and skills in over 100 sites within Her Majesty`s Prisons, private sector prisons, Approved Premises and the community. Working closely with stakeholders, they aim to provide locally determined, high quality provision which meets the needs and interests of learners.
Are you passionate about helping people grow? If so Novus have an exciting opportunity for a number of Cover Tutors to join the education department within HMP Belmarsh.
The purpose of this role is, as directed by a Curriculum Team Leader or Tutor, to deliver high quality, learner focused education to meet contractual requirements and standards, in line with Novus policies and procedure.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Within a Scheme of Work, develop lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets
- Contribute to curriculum development
- Ensure the safeguarding of learners
- Ensure that learner records are accurate and maintained in line with data protection and Novus policies.
- Compliance with Novus & stakeholder policies and procedures.
- Delivery of high quality learning experiences
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a teaching qualification or subject specialist qualification at Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) with a commitment to obtain the relevant outstanding Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) qualification within a specified time scale
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining the qualification(s) within 1 year
- Track record of effective teaching in relevant subject specialism
In return for your dedication you will be rewarded with:
-Generous holidays (increases on service)
-Fantastic pension scheme
-Extensive training and development
-Simply health scheme
-And many more...
The work is challenging yet highly rewarding with real opportunity to change lives so if you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding and growing sector, apply today on our Novus website.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community