Curriculum Manager- Construction - Blackpool and The Fylde College
Teaching Commitment: To undertake 520 hours of teaching annually
Summary of Responsibilities
- To manage staff and resources within the Curriculum area with a strategic overview of designated portfolio or programmes. To take responsibility for business processes that ensures a high quality learning experience for all learners.
- To supervise the development and delivery of full-time and part-time programmes to achieve College and School objectives.
- To oversee the management of a suite of courses within the Curriculum area.
- To work across the Curriculum area in leading and co-ordinating curriculum development and teaching and learning strategies.
- To co-ordinate, manage and review Quality Assurance across the Curriculum area.
- Liaise with external bodies in maintaining and enhancing the profile and activities of the Curriculum area.
- To co-ordinate income generating projects and activities.
- To assist in co-ordinating the marketing activities of the Curriculum area.
Principal Duties of this Post
- To lead in the delivery and management of Student Learning within the Curriculum area for their curriculum areas to ensure a high quality learner experience.
- To manage the development of Construction Professional and HE provision across the Curriculum area.
- To manage all staff within their curriculum area and be responsible for performance management, improvement strategies, sharing good practice and identifying and mitigating risk.
- To liaise with other parts of the College, and external stakeholders to ensure the development of new and existing provision within the Curriculum area.
- To manage resources effectively and efficiently in line with College procedures, including responsibility for marketing, financial budgets, HR, Management Information and Funding.
- To develop and maintain effective communication within the Curriculum area by undertaking regular meetings and updating staff on key issues as required.
- To lead with the annual Curriculum area self assessment exercise and to monitor and evaluate performance within their curriculum area to ensure overall success of Curriculum area performance, and overall College performance.
- To be responsive and drive quality improvement within the Curriculum area, and across College as appropriate, by working closely with staff, students and other stakeholders.
- To be responsible for monitoring and using the systems used in College (electronic or otherwise) to ensure student success.
- To be responsible for conducting staff development reviews of designated staff within their area.
- To undertake observations of teaching staff to improve performance, celebrate and share good practice and inform staff development.
- To assist with maintaining close and effective links with external academic, examination and professionals bodies and the industry sector.
- To liaise with other parts of the College for the development of inter-disciplinary courses and to encourage co-operation in specialised subject areas as delegated by the Head of Curriculum area.
- To meet all key performance as defined.
- To strive to ensure outstanding experience for all.
1. To reflect critically on personal management practices and strategies used and how personal performance can be improved.
2. Other duties that may, from time to time, be requested by the Principal.
Duties of all Managers across the College
1. To support the College in its corporate endeavours and achievement of its Mission and Strategic Plan.
2. To manage an annual self assessment exercise in order to monitor and evaluate performance, to bring about year on year improvement.
3. To manage the recruitment and selection process and be responsible for the development and annual performance management of staff.
5. To manage and allocate resources effectively and efficiently to high standards expected in the public services.
6. To establish effective communication within and outside the college.
7. To maintain and improve Health & Safety standards in the area of responsibility.
8. To establish and secure quality improvement and produce an annual Quality Improvement Plan
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder.