Part Qualified/Newly Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA)
Nigel Wright Group are recruiting for an exciting opportunity that would suit someone who is newly/part qualified ACA or ACCA to work as an Accountant within Treasury & Compliance and would suit someone with an audit background and seeking their first move from a small accountancy practice into industry.
This business is going through exciting times with an investment of GBP100m recently announced to transform it's customer proposition.
The purpose of this role is to operate the compliance function for the business and its subsidiaries. There are exciting opportunities in the treasury process and working alongside the operational business in financial control compliance.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the production and review of Financial Control's reporting and testing scope reviews, walkthroughs and documentation.
- Proactively liaise with Internal audit and group controls on control gaps and remediation.
- Assisting the Finance Manager in managing and coordinating a motivated treasury team.
- Managing Treasury/IT projects i.e card acquirer replacement, integration of new banking platform etc.
- Define treasury policies and procedures, ensuring continuing compliance by the UK business cluster.
- managing external relationship with primary bank.
- Ensuring forecasting and cash management ability for UK and subsidiaries.
- Preparing and reviewing of half year/year end notes for Group Reporting.
- Set, review and monitor CHAPS, BACS and authorisation list/process.
- Reviewing of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Other ad-hoc projects as required.
As the ideal candidate you will have strong technical skills including basic task knowledge, diligent with good attention to detail. This role would be an ideal move out of a small practice and would suit a newly qualified or part qualified graduate. This role with have regular with the team, subsidiaries, branches, project teams and business partners offering a wide scope for business interaction.
This job was originally posted as