As the Tax Supervisor you will have responsibility to oversee the personal tax department.
Michael Page Finance are proud to announce an exclusive partnership with Jeff Lermer & Associates (JLA) based in North London. JLA have been established for over 13 years, specialising in tax, accounting and audit. The firm currently have a team of 18, looking after 700 businesses and prepare around 850 personal tax returns.
JLA accommodate a varied client base - with specialisms in construction, property and the entertainment industry. Providing a full client service, JLA supports clients with statutory accounts, audit, bespoke tax planning and general business advice, as well as bookkeeping, management accounts, payroll and VAT via their sister company, Modina.
With the office based in the heart of picturesque Barnet (5 minute walk from New Barnet Station and 1 mile from High Barnet underground station) and an expanding client portfolio, this is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a very successful practice.
- The tax supervisor will have overall responsibility for ensuring all tax returns are correctly prepared and submitted to HMRC
- Preparation of complex tax returns
- Review tax return work prepared by other members of the team
- Be involved in any HMRC enquiry as per instruction from the Tax Manager
- Liaise with clients, including visits where necessary
- Be involved in both compliance and advisory work covering all tax matters, including IHT
- Strive to achieve the best results for clients through effective tax planning
- At least 5 years' experience in a Practice Firm's Personal Tax Department is preferred
- Experience of a wide range of different tax returns: sole traders including capital allowances, HNW Individuals, non-residents, non-domiciles, CGT computations, partnerships, and loss relief
- Must be a highly competent communicator
- ATT/CTA qualified/part qualified, but not essential
A competitive salary and long term career development