Robert Half have partnered exclusively with a rapidly growing, international retail business headquartered in Bristol to help develop their FP&A function. The FP&A Manager will take the lead within a team of 3 new hires with further growth in headcount already outlined in the second half of this year.
Working as an FP&A Manager for a leading retail business based in Bristol, the key objective for this role/team is to take the business' financial and commercial analysis capability to the next level, partnering with every retail channel across the business to help shape key decisions including (but not limited to) Operations, Buying, Marketing and Sales. As the team grows, a Commercial Analyst may sit across each of the 6 key internal functions, all reporting into this person.
The key responsibilities for the role are:
- Analyse sales, margin and stock results to identify trends and provide interpretation to department heads
- Use the data within the business to ascertain and advise on the success of promotions, price points, initiatives and new product introductions
- Support the business by creating concise and meaningful key performance metrics to aid quick decision making by internal management as well as key customers
- Agree the resource needed within the team, delegating tasks appropriately and looking at the long term development of the function in partnership with the Business Intelligence team.
Key criteria to apply:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience working in a product based business - ideally retail
- A proven track record working in a commercial analysis or FP&A function
- Advanced Excel skills (essential)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI, SQL (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS) (desirable)
The salary on offer for this position is circa GBP55,000 + package
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
This job was originally posted as