I'm recruiting for a leading independently owned Top 10 firm of Chartered Accountants based in Bristol
As an Accounts Assistant you'll be responsible for accurate processing of client's financial data and the preparation of statutory and management accounts and associated outputs.
- Preparation of annual financial statements, including statutory accounts, partnership accounts and sole trader accounts for tax purposes.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts for clients.
- Prepare quarterly VAT/EC Sales list returns from information supplied by clients.
- Visiting client offices to assist in the preparation of all of the above, unaided, where required.
- Accuracy - to ensure transactions are processed correctly.
- Judgement - be able to assess a situation and reach a suitable conclusion based on the information available or effectively communicate with a manager where unsure.
- Planning and organisation - needed throughout the process to ensure deadlines are met.
- Customer focus - develop relationships and gain confidence of client.
- Ability to deal with client queries and emails on a timely basis, and have flexibility to work on-site at client's premises.
- Use of IT - be able to work on bookkeeping packages, accounts production software and Excel.
- Teamwork - working with colleagues in the team.
- Flexibility - to assist with other ad hoc services that arise from time to time.
- Innovative - using technology to create efficiencies in processes.
The successful candidate will have a strong academic history, be AAT qualified and / or studying towards ACCA / ACA qualification.
Prior experience and the ability to work independently and as part of a wider high performing team is essential.
If interested, apply, and I'll be in touch.
This job was originally posted as