Senior BI Analyst - London
The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The insurance companies they serve are multinational corporations, mid-size and small businesses with property and casualty insurance and services; affluent and high net worth individuals with substantial assets to protect; individuals purchasing life, personal accident, supplemental health, homeowners, automobile and other specialty insurance coverage; companies and affinity groups providing or offering accident and health insurance programs and life insurance to their employees or members; and insurers managing exposures with reinsurance coverage.
They maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide.
The Business Intelligence team require an experienced Senior Business/Technical Analyst to identify and discuss Business Intelligence (BI) and management reporting requirements with business users of all levels, analyse those requirements and the associated systems and data, and convert them into business requirement documents. This will include understanding and working with core insurance and accounting processes.
The position is a role within the BI team which is responsible for the production and delivery of reporting, business intelligence, and data solutions to 4 overseas regions.
The strategic product offered by BI is a data warehouse fronted by fully functional Business Intelligence tools offering informational support for managing all aspects of business activities
This is a broad and challenging role which requires an understanding of all aspects of the insurance business, accounting processes and the systems which underlie these business activities. The role is central to the BI/MI team. It requires the ability to communicate with staff at a senior level, within the broader business community as well with all other BI team members.
The fundamental responsibilities of a business analyst apply but are augmented by the needs of a Business Intelligence (BI) department:
- Analysis and documentation of business reporting requirements.
- Data and systems analysis of underlying source systems.
- Production and presentation of reporting prototypes.
- Support of existing reporting and BI provision.
- Assisting in planning and prioritising work requests.
- Producing detailed report specification
- Process definition, implementation and monitoring to ensure appropriate best practices are followed.
- Minimum 5 years working in a systems role in an Insurance environment
- Minimum 5 years experience working with financial accounting and reporting systems
- Experience of working as a business or technical analyst within the BI/MI sphere
- Ability to understand complex business processes and complex data models
- Strong SQL/PSQL skills to analyse and understand logic and undertake data analysis
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Understanding of the principles and methodologies of data warehouse development
- Very strong presentation skills
- Ability to conduct workshops to elicit requirements
- Experience of Data analysis
- Experience of working with offshore teams
- Prior experience of programming in an insurance reporting environment advantageous