Information Security Incident Analyst
An International Investment Bank in London, is looking for an Information Security Incident Manager to join their growing team.
About the Information Security Incident Analyst Role:
As a direct report to the Senior Incident Manager, the role is responsible for being part of a multifunctional team providing the technical services that deliver a world class Joint Operations Centre function. You will be engaging in critical security activities which will ultimately drive security improvements and have a positive impact on security culture across the client and any dependent Business Divisions by providing its common, services and by sharing best practice
- Perform incident response duties and triage incidents for escalation to appropriate subject matter expert teams
- Be highly committed both to achieving the deliverables and to the team itself
- Have the discipline and interpersonal skills to work well in a global environment, complementing teams in other locations
- Instil a culture of quality and continuous improvement to enhance the experience of customers, colleagues, communities and company
- Ensure service offerings satisfy and exceed Stakeholders' requirements and expectations
- Identify good practice across all locations and to identify and remove unnecessary duplication of effort/services
- Increase automation for all operational processes
- Good understanding of security processes and technologies including; Threat Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment, Security Monitoring, Compliance Auditing, and IDS
- Working knowledge in following incident response procedures and standards, strong communication skills and ability to articulate events to senior management
- Working knowledge of the security mechanisms associated with Windows or Unix operating systems, switched networks, applications and databases
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Experience in responding to information security and privacy incidents
Internal & External IT Environment:
- Can discuss their role vis-??-vis security related trends and outline functional implications
- Has an understanding of emerging security technologies
- Awareness and understanding of the Barclay's business unit responsibilities and structure
- Appreciation of risk mitigation by both technical and non-technical measures
- Understands the importance of effective technical documentation in identifying and managing IT security risks
- Working knowledge of with securing information for cross-functional, cross-platform applications
- Monitors marketplace trends and experiences on security, audit and control issues
- Knowledge of the full spectrum of application control techniques
- Follows process for what should be communicated, when and to whom
- Actively seeks ways to understand mitigate or reduce risks
This International Financial Services firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Information Security Incident Analyst Role.
Apply today or call me to find out more.