Management Accountant- German Speaking
My client is looking for a German speaking Management Accountant that's interested in career progression and using their languages at work this is a great opportunity.
Below is the day to day role of the management accountant:
- Reporting to the Senior Management Accountant, then CFO.
- Responsible for the daily accounting of the German subsidiary including AR, AP and bank transactions
- Approving new customers, following credit control SOP and credit insurance policy requirements. Managing customer account queries.
- Releasing accounts, customer reconciliations, customer statements, allocating cash (as cover for credit control), collecting cash through DD.
- Entering AP invoices and expenses following SOP. Preparation of payment runs.
- Accounting for and controlling returned stock through service process.
- Month-end closing, accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, payroll, stock reconciliations, etc
- German VAT return
- Supporting German subsidiary with all finance related contract issues
- Liaising with accountants in Germany for compliance, payroll and tax.
- Dealing with UK audit of German subsidiary
- Some travel to Germany, approximately once a quarter
- Must be fluent in German, preferably first language
- Part-Qualified accountant
- Strong spreadsheet skills
Experience and Skills
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Month-end closing experience
- High energy and drive for results
- Good communicator, team player
- Must have flexible working attitude
If this position sounds ideal for you or someone you may know please apply!