Commercial Financial Analyst
Butler Rose is pleased to be representing a forward thinking retailer in their search for a Qualified Commercial Finance Analyst. You will have responsibility for providing commercial insight and reporting to support future trading decisions, the role will also lead key strategic projects where overall business oversight and understanding are key skillset requirements.
As a key member of the Finance team you will be responsible for driving improvements in the quality, timeliness and insight provided from monthly management reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Daily Reporting - Review daily trading results, analyse figures and highlight risks and opportunities to the business to ensure appropriate action is taken including reviewing key trading initiatives.
- Weekly Reporting - Prepare weekly trading reports coupled with analytical insight into the figures to identify any future risks and opportunities that could impact the future trading position and ensuring that any subsequent commercial actions are implemented on a timely basis.
- Monthly reporting - Work with the Commercial team to prepare commercial analysis for the month end board pack slides ensuring that all trading explanations accurately reflect the key messages of the month.
- Budgeting & forecasting - work with the commercial finance manager and the commercial team to translate the commercial plans into robust financial plans, which will then be used to manage and monitor performance.
- Seasonal reporting and insight - provide daily and weekly insight into peak seasonal trading performance. Support the commercial team to understand the financial metrics behind the seasonal plan and ensure the appropriate level of information is provided to support subsequent commercial decisions (i.e. price action, stock management).
- Pricing modelling and insights - prepare price modelling as required to support the commercial decisions around price actions to be taken with follow up reporting and review and insight to subsequent results.
- Stock reporting and oversight - support the management and reporting of stock balances at each period end
- Data Integrity - continually review commercial trading data to ensure consistency across all reporting and the finance and commercial teams. Manage communications as required to ensure a consistent understanding of the data and its uses.
- Process Improvements - proactively review all tasks on an on-going basis to drive process improvements which will streamline and simplify reporting requirements
The successful candidate will be Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with experience gained as an Analyst / Commercial Management Accountant ideally within a retail business (or similar large / blue chip companies).
You will be highly driven, self motivated with solid business partnering skills and sound commercial acumen.
This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic, high energy environment with great opportunities to progress.
Please apply for immediate consideration.
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as