Head of HR - Milton Keynes
Head of HR
Managing and guiding the HR department of an organisation, including overseeing processes and policies to make sure they are fair for all employees, and managing other employees within the human resources department. This role reports into the HR Director.
Responsible for the development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals.
- Developing and guiding the implementation of agreed HR strategies encompassing all aspects of the employee life cycle.
- Leading and motivating an HR team who are responsible for the day to day management of general HR issues.
- Leading and acting as point of contact for key HR projects
- Coaching and influencing the Senior Management Team.
- Ensuring the HR function and team is aligned with business objectives.
- Provide the tools to build and develop a high performing team capable of achieving the Company's long term mission.
- Support and work closely with the Director of HR on department action plans
- Lead and manage the recruitment process.
- Responsible for forecasting and budgeting in relation to salary management.
- Producing meaningful HR metric information on a monthly basis to provide commentary and insight into trends and reasons.
- Producing quarterly HR metric information.
- Ensuring that best practice and employment law is followed with all employment relations issues
- Oversees the implementation of HR programs through the HR team. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves problems.
- Oversees and manages the work of reporting HR team. Encourages the ongoing development of the team.
- Develops and monitors an annual budget that includes HR services and employee recognition.
- Conducts a continuing study of all HR policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems. Provides support to the for HR strategic planning.
- Establishes HR departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals.
- Degree level education (Preferably in Business and/or HR)
- CIPD qualified with evidence of continuous professional development
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in HR Management
- Experience using SAP HR would be beneficial
- Held previous position of seniority, able to establish credibility and build department accountability.
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills.
- Experience of acting as a role model is essential and leading teams.
- Comfortable in developing team members and empowering staff.
- Demonstrates commercial acumen
- Growth, Client & Customer Satisfaction/Quality of Services provided
- Rigorous management of results
- Brand Notoriety
- Employee Engagement
- Innovation and Change