Part-Time Finance Manager
Robert Half are currently recruiting on behalf of a highly regarded Not For Profit Organisation based in Central Bristol (a short distance from Bristol temple Meads Train Station), who are looking for an accomplished Part-Time Finance Manager to join their organisation on a 6 month fixed-term contract.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to add immediate value and work within an interesting and rewarding environment in the heart of Bristol.
You will be responsible for ensuring the day to day running of the small finance department, monitoring our organisations performance, preparing monthly management accounts, preparing year-end financial accounts and liaising with the Director on fundraising bids.
- To be responsible for maintaining the entire accounting function of the charity using SAGE accounting software, preparing financial reports as requested.
- To keep up to date with statutory regulations, guidelines and best practice for the financial management of charities.
- To maintain, and amend where necessary, financial procedures and administrative systems to ensure accurate capture of financial information as required.
- To maintain proper use of charitable funds, including restricted funds.
- To co-ordinate the running of the payroll with an external payroll bureau, process expense claims, maintain a log of staff holidays, overtime, toil, sickness and leave.
- To prepare the year end accounts and records for independent examination, assist the external accountant with the completion of the financial statements, and complete the annual returns for Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- To process claims for Gift Aid;
- To produce, in collaboration with other staff, annual budgets, project budgets, spending authorities, cash flow projections;
- To provide regular financial reports, both verbally and in writing, including monthly management accounts, full quarterly accounts with analysis and, where requested, cash flow projections.
- To manage the financial administrator, ensuring correct allocation of restricted funds.
Knowledge, Skills and qualifications:
- AAT Qualification, part-qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA, or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience and competence of operating Excel software
- Demonstrable experience and competence of working with SAGE 50 Accounts
- Experience of book-keeping and preparing management information for organisations with
This post is offered on a part-time basis working 15 hours per week, paying a salary of GBP28,840 per annum pro rata
For further information and to apply, please contact Luke Stevens at Robert Half on
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
This job was originally posted as