Lead Controls Analyst
Overall purpose of role:
- The role holder will provide support in ensuring the Impairment & Capital function is operating with the requirements of both the Retail Credit Risk frameworks.
- Primarily, the role will look to determine that Impairment & Capital team is complying with the Group Retail Impairment Credit Risk policies and meeting with underlying Standards in the control & mitigation of credit risk by helping to interpret laid down criteria and ensuring that those responsible for the controls are meeting with said requirements whether that be directly or through associated operational areas.
- As a result, the role holder will provide oversight of the control environment by assessing and challenging the documented controls where appropriate to support the Control Owners in fore-seeing potential issues and identifying control weaknesses that should be remediated before issues arise.
- The role holder will also support wider Impairment methodology alignment through policy interpretation of IFRS9 and other regulatory changes.
- In addition, the role includes the management of the Post Model Adjustment (PMA) process by ensuring that where non-compliance is identified that raised in accordance with policy in a timely manner and that ensuring action owners take responsibility for closing out actions by tracking through to compliance.
- The role holder will provide oversight &/or support to on other non-credit risk related policy requirements plus act as a conduit with Barclays Internal Audit (BIA) or Group Risk Conformance for the purpose of audits or conformance reviews.
- The role holder will also support Stress testing/Planning governance requirements to ensure policy/standard compliance
Your Skills and Qualifications will include:
- Knowledge of bank's product range & services.
- Understanding of Governance and Control processes and framework.
- Understanding of operational processes/practices with a strong understanding of supporting the design of effective process controls with a view to looking to automate controls where possible.
- Demonstration of risk management techniques.
- Strong Impairment Knowledge
- Strong communication, influencing & negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand a business challenge, analyse it and identify solutions to overcome it.
- Strong evidence of value/risk based decision making.
- Strong demonstration of planning and management to a plan.
- Strong Excel skills and solid PowerPoint capabilities.
- Degree level educated or equivalent work experience
- Prior development and documentation of local policy standards (including gaining approval at Risk Management Committees).
- Knowledge and understanding of Credit Risk Management.
- Experience of managing Governance & Control practices.
- Understanding of compliance and regulatory requirements in the financial services sector.