My client based in Mitcham specialises in the care, handling and transportation of antiques, artwork and high-value items. They are now looking to appoint an experienced Financial Controller who will work closely with the MD and a small team to assist with the next phase of its development.
- Managing one accounts staff and supervising day to day accounts processing. Currently 1 day per week data input + 1 day credit control
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of the monthly MI and reporting pack including variance analysis and KPIs.
- Day to day cash flow management and reporting.
- Preparation of annual financial budgets and monthly flexed budgets.
- Working capital management.
- Working with the commercial team, you will assist with commercial matters such as pricing, cost negotiation and project management.
- Managing import documentation and currency exchange risk with overseas suppliers.
- Overseeing the preparation of VAT and Intrastat returns
- Managing payroll processing and PAYE. Currently Payroll is outsourced but it may be beneficial if this was handled as a Sage bolt-on or similar generic software.
- Development of the financial reporting systems and internal control procedures.
- Strategies to improve gross margin opportunities and cost reduction measures.
- Preparation of annual financial reports.
- Liaising with the auditors.
- Managing Company Secretarial matters.
Beyond the financial function, there is an opportunity to further develop the company's IT requirements as well as dealing with more general management and administrative matters including Health and Safety.
They outsource Health & Safety and HR and have recently had a full overhaul of our systems. It would be very beneficial to the Company if the overall management of these areas could be handled by the successful candidate.
Candidate Profile and range of experience
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- At least 5 years at FC level in a similar business
- Sage 50 experience
- Import documentation and process and managing currency exchange
- Inventory management and distribution
- Hands on and prepared to roll your sleeves up.
- Proven track record of performance reporting and producing management and statutory financial statements.
- Advanced Excel user and proficient in other MS Office products.
- Proactive and self-motivated with excellent system skills.
- Good staff management skills
This job was originally posted as