An opportunity has arisen for a Network Infrastructure Designer to join one of the UK 's leading enterprise organisations based in Southampton.
Our organisation has today 1500 sites in Europe, Russia and China with 8 000 Servers supporting 74,000 colleagues. Network Infrastructure Designer is a key role to contribute to the Group Infrastructure Designer to deliver a global network capable of providing a modern digital experience for our customers.
Contribute to the production, maintaining and executing the group's network strategy. Deliver high level technical design in response to business/project requirements and creating and updating the yearly network roadmap. Identify areas of the network for improvement and alignment to the overall strategy and deliver robust services at increased value. Work with multiple technical teams to ensure seamless delivery of projects.
Forming part of the group technical design team you will be working closely with a highly technical team consisting of a number of Wintel, Storage, Unix, Client, Middleware/Database group architects, in addition you will be working with technical project and build managers to deliver infrastructure into the business in a highly supportable and consistent manner. You will be the Network designer defining and designing network solutions to ensure the organisations infrastructure is positions to take advantage of new technologies and emerging trends. These systems will be supporting business across the company's portfolio in the UK, continental Europe, Russia and China.
- Produce the Infrastructure Design
- Participate in the delivery of projects
- Lead designer in the design and deployment of network solutions
- Contribute to the development of the infrastructure, IT strategy, roadmap strategy and standards
- Set and monitor the coherence of the specialist areas in all brands, models in line with the strategy and standards of the group
- The assessment of vendor solutions for technical deliverables
- Awareness of Telecoms industry benchmarks and trends
- Work with third-party services, partners and external suppliers to provide solutions
- Develop the design consideration of requirements, costs and risk.
- Identification of opportunities for development of platforms and shared services, simplification and cost reduction
- Experience in the design and delivery of Cisco infrastructure solutions, with expertise demonstrated in areas such as:
o Cisco portfolio: LAN, WAN, WIFI, NEXUS, IOS
o Firewalling (multiple vendors - Palo Alto is primary)
- Creative spirit, able to solve complex problems
- Ability to quickly understand the technical environment in which services operate.
- Excellent communication and presentation, both written and oral
- Proactive, able to work under pressure, pragmatic, agile, and customer oriented
- Good team player and natural networker
- Reliable and conscientious
- Equivalent experience of related professional qualification CCNP
Desirable Skills (Not essential for the role)
- CCNP certification
- Load balancers (F5 or equivalent)
- Video Conferencing
- SD WAN
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly by sending your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Networkers Technology.