Senior Test Analyst
Brightside Insurance is a top 20 insurance broker and are recruiting for a talented Senior Test Analyst to join an established and innovative testing team.
This exciting position would be perfect for an established Senior Tester or for an individual seeking to progress into a more senior position.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a fast paced, entrepreneurial financial services environment.
- Defining the scope, objectives, and Test Plan for a Test Stage.
- Working closely with other project and team members and user managers to gain approval for and commitment to the scope, objectives, and Test Plan.
- Mentoring Junior Testers during the Test Analysis and Design, Test Build, and
- Test Execution phases of a Test Stage.
- Helping to shape the processes and procedures used on a day to day basis.
- Developing and communicating ways of working to the wider peer group.
- Potential for involvement in the process of recruitment
- Analysing a system to identify and prioritize Test Requirements that will validate to the Business User that the system will behave as required in its intended environment.
- Mapping identified Test Requirements back to the overall business requirements.
- Specifying the Test Environments and Data necessary to fulfil the Test Requirements.
- Collating Test Requirements, Test Environment and Data specifications into an overall Test Specification.
- Using appropriate techniques to design Test Cases, Test Scripts, and Test Data that address identified Test Requirements, and collating them into an overall Test Design.
- Writing the detailed Test Scripts to exercise, in a structured fashion, Test Cases.
- Working with project team members and Business Users to resolve issues that may arise from time to time throughout the Test Project.
- Producing all documents clearly concisely and unambiguously, and in accordance with project standards.
- Helping to review of team member's documents to ensure clarity, fit with requirements, as well as standards.
- Reviewing and commenting constructively on project documentation as requested
- Communicating effectively in writing and in meetings, workshops, and face-to-face situations.
- Quickly assimilating and organising information from a variety of sources, including business and technical documents, meetings, and IT systems.
- Estimating with reasonable accuracy the effort required to execute assigned tasks, and reporting on the status of those tasks.
- Demonstrating a professional image and behaving in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Co-operating with and supporting other project team members and Business Representatives.
- Conducting peer-reviews for testing conducted within the team.
- Maintaining awareness of and follow Brightside Group Limited company procedures and guidelines, including security, regulatory and quality related matters.
- Complying with all relevant legislative and legal requirements, including industry regulations, employment law, Data Protection and Health and Safety.
- Demonstrating behaviours that promote Brightside Group Limited values.
- Undertaking any other duties as reasonably requested.
- Good working knowledge of common ICT facilities including MS Office tools, email and the Internet.
- Good working knowledge of one or more test management/automation tools.
- 4+ years in either a development or analysis roles on IT projects; or
- 4+ years in a relevant business environment and 4+ years in either a development or test role on IT projects.
- Strong team skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, from technical staff through to Manager Level and similar external contacts.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong adherence to structured approaches, processes and procedures.
- A high level of team collaboration and the ability to understand complex information systems.
- Ability peer review and support other team members in their work.
- A self-motivated individual who works well within a team environment and has a strong passion for quality technology and using it to positively affect business change.