Infrastructure Engineer - Commvault Specialist - Leeds
Role: Infrastructure Engineer - Commvault Specialist - Leeds
Rate: Up to GBP43k + Excellent Benefits
Skills: COMMvault Windows Server, Active Directory, VMWare, Hyper-V, SCCM, Veeam, DPM, Active Directory/DNS/DHCP, Windows Server 2012R2, Windows 7/Windows 8.1 OSD Deployment, MDT WSUS, WDS
- Manage own workload, ensuring support logs are completed to SLA's.
- Monitor all Opsview alerts, managing resulting calls through to completion.
- Develop customer relationships to enhance the support service.
- Escalate issues to the Technical Services Team Leader in advance of any conflicts occurring.
- Work on project based tasks, including provisioning of new Servers and IT equipment.
- Responsible for ownership of customer issues reported through to conclusion/appropriate escalation.
- Create and maintain support documentation.
- Follow approved procedures with regard to change control and documentation standards.
- Carry out daily backup checks and duties including resolution of any identified issues.
- Provision of out of hours (weekend and evening) support via home VPN on a rota basis.
- Manage the delivery and integration of support to new services and customers
- Maintain IT equipment on customer locations
- Liaise with business units and 3rd parties to ensure a seamless support service.
- Technical knowledge of both hosted and remotely administered environments and infrastructure.
- Commvault would be essential
- Storage Technologies
- Experience providing Technical Support with an in depth knowledge of operating systems such as;
- Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory Infrastructure Services
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008
- Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Anti-Virus (Symantec/Kaspersky) - installation and administration.
- Citrix Xenapp 5.0/6.0/6.5 - implementation, installation, troubleshooting
- Communication Skills are essential to provide the customer with efficient and accurate resolution of calls.
- Encryption Software - PGP & Checkpoint
- VMware Infrastructure administration
- Network connected SAN and Clustering technologies (SAN/NAS)
- Experience of data centre management
- Resolve complex customer service issues, escalate where necessary
- Act as a role model for high quality customer service
- Experience of direct contact with customers
- Understand roles of other teams and draw on expertise outside immediate team to resolve customer issues
- Experience of ISO/PCI environments
- Experience of Unix/Linux
- Experience of Compellent & NetApp SAN technologies
We are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003