Sales Account Manager
Sales Account Manager - Water & Wastewater: An experienced, motivated Sales Account Manager is required to build effective customer relationships with both new and existing clients and sales engineers, providing technical support and estimates for this leading, fast-growing environmental engineering company. The company provides water and wastewater treatment systems, service and maintenance of treatment systems, and pump supplies, contracting to domestic and blue chip companies throughout the world.
As a Sales Account Manager, you will be primarily office based dealing with incoming sales enquiries and making client visits as required to discuss both the technical and commercial aspects of projects. The ideal candidate will have technical capability as well as exceptional interpersonal skills, able to assess customer requirements, recommend the company's waste solutions equipment and obtain quotes from external suppliers for ancillary equipment.
Experience in a similar role, preferably working in the water and waste treatment industries, is highly desirable.
- Assess customer requirements and select / recommend the company solutions equipment, from components to system solutions
- Obtain quotes from suppliers for ancillary equipment
- Prepare budget and firm quotations, cost calculations and order specifications
- Receive sales enquiries, and offer telephone advice to customers
- Maintain customer / sales database and records, and produce analysis and reports as required from time to time
- Visit customers, both with Sales Engineers and, on occasion, alone, to discuss technical and commercial aspects of projects
- Liaise with the operations department and project managers during project
- Liaise with service / aftersales department
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role providing technical advice and support
- Exceptional teamwork skills - able to build relationships with customers and sales engineers
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and administrative capabilities
- Able to assess and prioritise tasks
- Strong computer skills - especially Excel, and Word
- An innovative and motivated self-starter
- Experience providing engineering solutions using processes and applications
- Knowledge of relevant products and equipment (desirable)
- Experience within the Water and Waste Treatment industries (desirable)
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, organised and personable Sales Account Manager to join this well-established, leading engineering company that has become a household name for wastewater treatment systems, service and maintenance of treatment systems and pump supplies, contracting to domestic and blue chip companies throughout the world. Candidates will need to be able to travel across the UK as required so a full driving licence would be advantageous. Competitive salary + other benefits. Apply now!