Server and Storage Engineer
My client, a Software company based in Colchester are looking to bring on an excellent Server & Storage Engineer to manage the global Servers and storage systems. The Server and Storage Engineer will take ownership of situations, documenting, automating and working with existing project managers and team members concluding tasks passed down by senior & executive management
- Manage the GTS infrastructure working on existing technologies VSphere & VMware Enterprise, NetApp, Microsoft Servers & Office365, Linux Redhat, SLES, F5, Java & JBoss application Servers and knowledge of Oracle systems
- Working with technical subjects at a detailed level whilst being able to plan, estimate, review, implement, document and report on allocated project and major tasks
- The role will require aspects of architecture, implementation, support and operational management
- Monitor and mentor the outsourced Teams occasionally but also willing to get your hands dirty and to ensure continuity of operations for both internal and external customers under an ITIL framework
- Involved on daily operational duties within the office for the UK based 2nd and 3rd line support team and contributing to a DevOps model
- Proven experience of working with VMware (V5, VSphere) & Virtual machines, NetApp, Java & JBoss infrastructure and networks
- Proven expert experience of using Operating Systems - in particular Linux and some grounding on Microsoft Servers and AD would be an advantage
- Proven experience of using Applications - Java & JBoss, Oracle, Active Directory
- Proven experience of storage platform NetApp with knowledge of SnapTools and Fas Storage or equivalent
- Proven experience around automation and early warning systems like Nagios, Clover, Chef.
- Linux & Perl Scripting is required.
- Cloud based technologies like Office365, Azure AD and AWS would be advantageous along with Hadoop specifically Hortonworks would be a benefit and be of interest