Linux DevOps/System Administration
Job title: Linux Sys Admin/ DevOps
Job Type: Permanent
Dev Ops/Linux Systems Administrator with excellent skills in Dev Ops/Linux Server Administration and good knowledge of Java, MySQL, MariaDB, LDAP and virtualisation to play a key role in our systems team.
You should be comfortable configuring, maintaining, troubleshooting and monitoring a major Java/Tomcat Application including Web Servers, LDAP Directory Servers and MySQL and MariaDB Database Servers for live, development and test environments.
The role includes the opportunity to design new solutions, enhance resilience of existing solutions and refine system architecture.
You will be able to work closely with both development and management teams to ensure debugging, tuning and improvement of applications and supporting systems. You will also be responsible for the management of configuration and maintenance of deployment and patching processes.
This is a dynamic role that will engage both creative and analytical thinking.
- Maximise systems performance by monitoring systems, troubleshooting network problems and outages, and scheduling upgrades.
- Install, configure, maintain and tune Java/Tomcat Web, MySQL and MariaDB database and LDAP Application servers.
- Manage LANs, WANs, VPNs and SANs to optimise and ensure maximum resilience, security, availability and performance.
- JVM maintenance and tuning.
- Maintain security certification, IP addresses and SSH tunnels.
- Analyse and report on performance, remediate bottlenecks.
- Configure and maintain application and network level load balancing, fail over and HA.
- Maintain multiple layers and models of security appliances.
- Configure and maintain deployment processes.
- Maintain application reporting and alerting systems.
- Comply with security policies and procedures.
- Document Assets, Systems, Troubleshooting practises, security and Business Processes.
- Liaise with project management and support teams and providing support to these teams as part of customer and project delivery.
Required Skills and Experience:
- In-depth Linux experience, including advanced administration and architectures (primarily Red Hat and CentOS).
- Experience in software package installation in a Linux environment.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in MySQL and MariaDB Configuration and Performance Tuning.
- Advanced knowledge of Virtualisation Technologies: XenServer, VMware.
- Advanced knowledge of load balancing systems, firewalls and routing.
- Excellent knowledge of Java configuration, management and debugging.
- Advanced knowledge of SELinux.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Web Servers: Tomcat, Apache.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Hardware setup, configuration and maintenance
- Networking skills: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, SAN, iSCSI, VPN, SNMP.
- Good knowledge of monitoring systems (eg. Nagios/MRTG/Icinga).
- Advanced knowledge and experience of at least one scripting language (Bash/Perl essential).
- Advanced knowledge of Systems Security and encryption methods, principles and practices.
- Able to work in teams and take instruction from a variety of people.
- Professional and approachable manner when liaising with people both internally and externally.
Key Words: Linux, LDAP, MySQL, Webserver, Tomcat, Apache
If you're looking for a new opportunity and have all the above skills, then APPLY TODAY!