Tech Lead Python (Django) Engineer - London Python, Django
Exclusive to Engage PSG
Please note that no work permit sponsorship is on offer and therefore all candidates should ensure they are eligible to work in the UK.
A highly successful & high-profile E-commerce group, who have recently seen multi-million-pound investment via acquisition, is looking to aggressively expand their London based technology function.
They are planning to a new Tech Lead/hands-on Architect to complement their growing engineering team of senior to mid-level Python, Frontend and DevOps engineers who work as integral members of a Scrum development team. You will be co-responsible for the design, support and maintenance of the Python-based Back End stack & for delivering high-quality code using agile techniques with a high level of supporting tests and documentation & responsible for maintaining coding and testing standards across all codebases.
This role will find you as No2 to the current Software Development Manager.
- A genuine passion for all things software development related.
- Demonstrable experience as a Team or Tech Lead or Architect.
- Strong experience gained in application development
- Experience developing in Python (and Django)
- Knowledge of HTML5/CSS3/JS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work well with
- both technical and non-technical employees
- Ability to learn new technologies and software quickly
- Experience with SOA, web services and message queues
Bonus Points For;
- DevOps experience
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Relevant Bachelors' degree or equivalent industry experience
- Good understanding of Agile, Scrum, Kanban, TDD, CI, BDD, CD
- Embrace agile software engineering and strive for continuous improvement
- Fulfilment By Amazon API experience
- Working git knowledge