Finance Manager - Essbase
Essbase Finance Manager - Luton - GBP52k % Bonus
My client is a leading organisation based in Luton who are looking to recruit an Essbase Finance Manager to maintain a number of Essbase applications that are used for financial planning, business performance and treasury reporting. You will be responsible for transferring data from a number of source systems and ensuring the integrity of Essbase applications.
About the role:
- You will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of Essbase database applications that support key decision making within certain areas of Finance and IT.
- Keeping these applications updated and synchronized with SAP and group treasury systems and facilitating the efficient collation and consolidation of forecast submissions from various sources of the business is essential to the treasury function within Finance.
- You will be responsible for the structural reliability of five current databases, and responsible for ensuring they are regularly kept up to date with feeds from SAP, payroll/HR and group treasury systems.
- You will be responsible for system performance, both in terms of availability and speed. You will also ensure the applications are secure, and that users have the correct security filters to access the data they need while keeping data confidential.
- You will need to maintain relationships with the UK Accounting Team, Payroll and HR for to ensure that changes to these systems are properly reflected in Essbase and this will require a solid understanding of the structu/re of the underlying SAP/Northgate payroll systems. You will also be expected to help facilitate the automation and increase the efficiency of data transfers where possible.
- Communicating with the Hyperion support team, you will ensure new users are set up correctly and old users removed as required. You will also design and deliver training for both new users and to keep the skills of existing users up to date.
- Experience of Essbase within a financial environment, specifically with Aggregate Storage Option Applications is desirable.
- Knowledge of the Smart View Excel Add-in, MAXL Scripting, and MDX and/or SQL.
- Financial literacy, preferably with some understanding of treasury, cash flow and accounting
- A good understanding and experience of integrating data from different sources
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent Excel skills
- Highly numerate and analytical, should have a keen eye for detail whilst able to see the wider picture