Senior SQL DBA - Bradford - GBP55k + benefits
Senior SQL DBA - Bradford - Up to GBP55,000 + comprehensive benefits
My client has an urgent requirement for a DBA based in Bradford. They are looking for the DBA to come into the organisation and implement new structures and a new way of working.
The other responsibilities for the DBA are to manage and implement Database changes and to design and normalise Databases.
Responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring all database Servers are backed up in line with the firm's business recovery point objectives (RPO)
* Testing backups
* Troubleshooting SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
* Configuring SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
* As new systems are brought in-house, choose whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Microsoft Azure, or other technologies
* Installing and configure new SQL Servers
* Deploying database change scripts provided by third party vendors
* You will also be required to take responsibility to enforce Database Security
* SQL Server 2005/2008 (R2)/2012 Administration
* Planning, installation and configuration
* Capacity planning and partitioning
* Performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting
* Creation and maintenance of ETL processes using SSIS
* T-SQL including stored procedures, functions and query optimisation
* Familiarity with SSRS and Report Server configuration
Other key skills:
* Implementation and maintenance of SSAS cubes
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience of TFS/Visual Studio Source Control
* Experience of IBM DB2, MySQL and Power BI desirable
If you want the chance to work with the latest technologies and have the chance to work as a DBA in a fantastic organisation, please email the latest copy of your CV to (see below) or call.
Rullion IT Plus Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.