Human Resources Professionals (Flexible working)
3 days left
Full, Part-time or Job share
It’s an exciting time to join MoJ. We’re currently delivering some of the biggest reform programmes across Government, and need the right people, with the right skills, to allow us to successfully achieve the Departmental aims.
We have opportunities across MoJ including HMPPS, HMCTS and our policy teams and corporate services to be at the forefront of leading and implementing significant change across the MoJ. Our HR function is ambitious, and innovative - so if you’re business orientated, energetic and resourceful self-starter, one of our roles could be for you.
We are keen to attract candidates from a wide range of sectors and will customise your induction and support through your first twelve months around your development needs. We will support you in your longer term professional development and career plans whether that be at MoJ or elsewhere in the Civil Service or other sectors.
Depending on your role, you can expect to be involved in a range of the following:
- Providing challenge and appropriate support and guidance to a business area on a range of areas including: talent management, organisation design, performance management, culture change and leadership development.
- Embedding necessary processes and principles within your business area e.g. talent management in the HRBP role
- Leading on a key HR work stream, such as OD or talent
- Developing people/OD plans and engagement strategies with business leads
- Working in or engaging with a range of MoJ and Civil Service HR experts- demonstrating a collaborative approach to help us deliver reform.
We have a number of opportunities available across HR, some examples of the types of roles we are recruiting for include;
HR Business Partnering
We have business partnering opportunities across MoJ including HMPPS, HMCTS and MoJ HQ.
Business partnering Directors, Senior Management teams, or teams within a Directorate, you will provide challenge and appropriate support on a broad range of areas, including:
- Talent management
- Organisation design
- Performance management
- Culture change
- Leadership development.
In addition, you’ll be comfortable embedding the necessary processes within your business area, and will develop an excellent working knowledge of our policies, working strategically with your business area to develop and implement the people strategy.
Reward and Employee Relations
This role involves leading and directing all aspects of the reward and employee relations’ agenda across the MoJ and brings with it substantial influence on the effective management and improvement efficiency of our 70,000 strong workforce. To do this, we need a strategy that will consider how we attract, grow, motivate and retain our employees.
To be successful in this role you will champion the transformation of MoJ into a commercially focused, results driven organisation that uses cost effective reward mechanisms/incentives to differentiate performance that will compete with private sector providers. This will also involve empowering others to value a reward culture, whether at Director, or Line Manager level.
Inclusion and Diversity
In our Inclusion and Diversity Strategy, we’ve made a commitment to have an inclusive workplace, a diverse workforce, and fair and accessible services for all. In this role, you’ll be expected to work effectively at senior levels across the Department, building trust and credibility to support the delivery of our I & D strategy. With sound experience working in an I & D space, you’ll help us to review and implement the findings from the Lammy Review, including the Department’s commitment to its Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED). Overall, it’s about maintaining ethical standards and building a workforce that reflects the diverse communities in which we work.
This is an exciting, and key role within the HR team, primarily responsible for the development and implementation of a consistent approach to detailed structural and role design (including competencies, skills and experience) across MoJ. Your deep expertise in leadership, cutting-edge Organisation Design trends and HR / Business architecture will enable the transformation of our Department through an overarching design approach. As part of this, you’ll use a variety of collaborative approaches to work closely with the Design Authority and Business Architecture teams, as well as Senior HR Business Partners.
We have a number of vacancies across our Human Resources teams- successful candidates may come from a wide range of backgrounds, including people with HR/ policy interest in the justice sector, organisational development, or inclusion and diversity. However, we are not looking to limit applicants to these specific backgrounds and our ambition is to attract a diverse range of applicants for this post.
As well as influencing and inspiring others to engage with the directorate’s work, you’ll be able to set a clear strategic direction, and work collaboratively with a wider range of people across the whole of the MoJ. You’ll also bring;
- A proven ability to work effectively with senior management at a truly strategic level, with the gravitas and credibility to influence and persuade leaders across the department and beyond
- A proven ability to implement strategy helping shape an organisation’s direction possibly including culture, values and or significant other people related change, using an evidence-based, data driven approach.
- Evidence of your ability to deliver better for less with an understanding of how to generate truly effective efficiencies and ensure better value for money.
- Evidence of being data driven and interpreting and using data and evidence to inform decision making and service delivery.
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills – in a style which is consultative and collaborative
Please contact our advisors at Moloney Search with your current C.V and cover letter to email@example.com, providing your completed Inclusion and Diversity form, Candidate Information and Guaranteed Interview Scheme declaration as detailed in the Candidate Pack.