Public Enquiries Assistant
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Public Enquiries Assistant
Salary Band: D1
Contract Type: Permanent
Number of Posts: 1
Type of Post: Concurrent
Hours: Full time/Job share
Closing date: 11/06/17 at 23:59
House of Commons Public Enquiry Assistants are predominantly responsible for answering telephone and written enquiries from the public, on the work, history and membership of the House of Commons. The role is based within a busy enquiry team and the successful candidate will require good research, communication and customer service skills to offer high quality, and timely responses across a range of subjects.
The post holder will also be responsible for a variety of duties including maintaining and developing internal reference sources, and managing publication requests and stock levels. In addition, the post holder will get the opportunity to support specific team projects which aim to engage a wide and diverse range of audiences through a variety of channels.
The Public Information and Resources Group sits within the Participation Team which draws together many of Parliament's public facing services. The Public Information and Resources Group often works collaboratively with other internal and external teams to deliver core elements of the information and engagement remit of Parliament. A flexible and collaborative approach is therefore essential for this role which will offer the right person a great opportunity to work in a public facing position and to develop their interest and understanding of the House of Commons.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- An understanding of and/or experience in providing excellent customer service and the ability to handle challenging situations confidently and professionally
- An interest in the House of Commons procedure and practice and the ability to develop a good understanding in this area
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including effective proof reading skills
- Annual leave starting at 28 days pro rata
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Child care voucher scheme
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form
More information on the role and the full criteria to apply for this vacancy is found on the job description