First Mile, voted one of the 1,000 companies to inspire Britain 2017, are one the UK's leading recycling businesses. We make recycling easy and are passionate about providing amazing services for our customers. As a result, almost 4,000 new customers join First Mile every year.
We are looking for two really talented individuals to join us as Sales Managers. Looking after and developing a growing team of Field Sales Executives; actively mentoring and coaching them on a daily basis, you will create a really high performing team. Working from our office in Highbury, you will be driving and exceeding sales targets and delivering high performance sales activity, this is a chance to play an important role in the businesses growth and become part of our success story.
About the Role
Responsible for overall delivery of all sales performance across key London Boroughs, you will set the pace and direction for your team, creating new sustainable business and accelerating First Mile's already fast growth.
These are new roles and new teams. You will have the chance to be involved from the start and to build your own team as we recruit over the summer. This is a great opportunity to shape and drive your own field team. So in additional to the usual sales management, recruiting, training and coaching will all be part of your role.
We want you to make a real difference. For further information about us visit our website.
Duties and Responsibilities
Sales management skills
- Plan your team's activity; allocating areas to your team and identifying key spots to target.
- Support your team in selling; providing senior support on proposal writing, commercials, and attending the occasional face to face meeting
- Create sales and promotional strategies with an effective tactical plan to achieve brand sales objectives.
- Collaborate with other Field Sales Managers on best practises and sharing useful market information.
- Analyse current markets and feedback important market and competitive information in a timely manner.
- Forecast and report on pipeline activity performance vs targets. Understanding field performance and implement action plans to ensure sales objectives are achieved.
- Manage the day to day performance of all sales team members, monitoring and correcting performance, giving regular feedback, and driving high performance.
- Consistent communication with sales team to ensure that sales and marketing priorities and initiatives are executed in the field. Implement performance plans where required.
- Recruit and develop team members through all aspects of the sales cycle. Ensure effective sales performance that delivers commercial quality sales which exceed company targets.
- Actively coach team members, to enhance performance, supporting them in the field when appropriate.
- Lead and schedule weekly and/or monthly team meetings with sales team and leadership.
- Embody company culture and maintain high sales employee engagement.
- Be an effective Sales Manager currently with a proven track record of leading a team to meet and exceed targets
- Able to coach and mentor through the whole sales cycle
- Driven, brave, and able to get things done independently, making good judgements and decisions.
- Creative and curious.
- Good commercial acumen; able to plan and leverage value from a geography, with a natural interest in business
- Excellent communication skills, able to converse fluently with CEO's to front line team members
- Ability to work diplomatically, and influence buying behaviour with a range of key stakeholders
- Love the environment and be driven to improve it, through developing great commercially viable sales
- Great stakeholder management with the ability to develop and maintain relationships such that First Mile become the partner of choice.
- Good numerical and excel skills, experience in Salesforce CRM would be an advantage
Sounds like you?
Only apply if you think you have the talent to add value to our business! Things move pretty quickly around here so don't delay in making your application.
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter outlining why you'd be great at the role via the button below. Please also indicate your current salary and your salary expectations.
Remuneration: c GBP35,000 depending on experience, OTE GBP50k and great holiday allowance. Plus lots of parties, team lunches and other staff benefits!