Finance Business Partner - International Sports Company
A vacancy has risen for a Finance Business Partner in an International Sports Media Company
My client is the UK's leading provider of multimedia content and services. Established over a hundred years ago my client remains the national news agency for the UK and Ireland, serving a broad range of customers including major media and sporting brands around the world. In addition to their newswire, my clients products and services span pictures, video, data APIs, hosted live blogs, graphics, listings pages, social media curation and page production.
The responsibilities of this role will be far reaching and will cover all aspects of the controls, financial and management reporting for the business, including financial performance and KPIs, preparation of budgets and plans. This information will be used to support the CEO in project based work and help ensure seamless delivery of the year end results and statutory accounts and audit. This role will also require the selected candidate to proactively challenge the business unit management around revenue delivery and cost savings, constantly seeking opportunities to drive improvements to EBIT as well as providing leadership and development of finance staff. Other responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing and improving the finance deliverables of the existing finance team
- Budgeting and planning for the StreamAMG Group
- Developing KPIs to support the reporting back to the Board
- Provide commercial insights, analysis and recommendations in relation to performance assessment and improvement, financial sustainability, and investment cases.
- Supporting operational managers with projects and analysis
- Ensure the appropriate management and reporting of revenue and costs under FRS102 - reporting in accordance with performance measures, budgets, and forecasts.
- Delivering accurate monthly forecast and annual budget information, supporting the process across the PA Group team.
- Support the implementation of change to improve reporting to meet the strategic needs of the business and PA Group
- Responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the variance analysis
- Involvement in preparing/reviewing returns for external bodies, such as the VAT return
- Working with PA Group finance to support some finance functions and systems transitioning to PA Group systems
- Preparing the year end accounts and supporting audit process
The successful candidate will process excellent communications as well as take responsibility and ownership for workloads that are distributed outside the finance team. As well as this the successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to lead a team through change with a focus on building a culture that promotes innovation. Furthermore, the successful candidate will have to be a qualified accountant ACA/CIMA/ACCA and be able to demonstrate an understanding of both financial and management reporting under the application of FRS102.
The offer to the successful candidate will be within the range of GBP50,000-GBP55,000 with an extensive benefits package. The successful candidate will not only be given the opportunity to become a successful business partner but will also gain the opportunity to establish themselves within a London based Sports Media market that is unlike any other in the world.