Senior Bookkeeper and Management Accountant
A competent Senior Bookkeeper and Management Accountant (ideally ACA/ACCA part qualified) is sought to work in a busy corporate firm in Central London in the Accounting Management Services Team.
A chartered Accountancy firm and business advisers based in London with 18 partner and over 100 staff, providing accountancy, tax and compliance services across the UK and worldwide. This client have some specialist sectors, including media and sporting professions however also cover a whole range of other sectors from entrepreneurial start up's to well established FTSE business's. A very professional and corporate environment with a structured hierarchy.
The successful candidate will have existing working practical experience within a professional services firm and understand the external multiple client portfolio. A chance to work with a recognised firm with a large international client network.
- Data input using Xero and sage line 50 predominately
- Detailed understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Posting period end journals
- Reconciliations of balance sheets
- Preparing both monthly and quarterly accounts
- Comparatives and variance analysis
- Monthly and quarterly VAT returns, including registering and de-registering and understanding different schemes
- Working on EC sales and transactions lists including cross border and reverse charge.
- Knowledge of tax codes will be essential
- Maintaining accurate and full accounts records
- Advanced Excel skills and IT literate
- Building and maintaining strong relations with clients
- ACA / ACCA part qualified with post qualification experience
- Excellent knowledge of excel
- Attention to detail
- Strong VAT knowledge
- Ability to manage time to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and confidence when dealing with clients
- Organised, proactive, able to justify own decisions
- An enthusiastic and efficient individual
- A willingness to grow within a commercial environment where client care is the primary focus
- Clear communication skills and interaction with clients
- Work within clear set deadlines
- Be organised and methodical
- Central London based
- International Firm
- 28 days annual leave per annum pro rata (includes bank holidays)
- Top 70 Accounting Firm