Not for Profit organisation in central Gloucester looking for a Management Accountant.
Central Gloucester based organisation looking to appoint a Management Accountant in to a newly created position in their team.
- Support the Head of Finance in the continuous development of the service, helping to set key performance targets and milestones and to monitor progress and outcomes. Ensuring that the service is fit for purpose and is able to respond effectively to the changing environment.
- Work with the Head of Finance, members of the finance team, and wider organisation to ensure that finance department provides an excellent service, ensuring that control is evident throughout all processes and procedures.
- Provide day to day line management support, carry out regular work review meetings and participate in the annual appraisal process for those staff allocated to you.
- Support the Head of Finance in the development, updating and implementation of the organisations Finance related projects.
- Take a joint lead with the Head of Finance in the preparation of the Statutory Accounts (including audit files) ensuring that the organisation complies with all relevant legislation, and accounting standards.
- Support commercial revenues streams by providing strong financial analysis and advice
- Take a joint lead with the Head of Finance in the preparation of all internal and external audits often involving 3rd party auditors
As part of the wider Finance team undertake operational delivery of the following Finance Services:
- Oversee the running/controls of the purchase ledger and sales ledger.
- Ensure the smooth running on the month end processes assigned to your responsibility.
- Ensure the smooth running of all finance related systems providing systems administration support where necessary.
- Adhoc finance advice to both finance and non finance related staff.
- Provide cover for other members of the finance team as necessary.
The ideal candidate for the Management Accountant position is:
- CCAB qualified Accountant.
- Extensive experience in working in a small but fast paced finance team.
- Proven experience or statutory reporting under IFRS.
- Proven experience of an understanding of the importance of cash flow and treasury management.
- Proven experience in Management Accounting reporting.
- Proven experience with an understanding of the importance of control within the finance processes and procedures.
- Proven track record of successfully managing change and leading a team through an ever changing environment, with specific experience of motivating and developing staff.
- Demonstrable experience and achievement in performance management and in effectively managing financial and staff resources, including both poor and high performers.
By joining the organisation as Management Accountant, you will receive the following:
- Salary of up to GBP40,000
- Competitive pension / holiday package
- Other benefits available on request