Head of Financial Accounting
Head of Financial Accounting with Bristol based Charity.
An excellent opportunity as the Head of Financial Accounting is now on offer with a leading Bristol based charity.
In recent years, the charity has seen a period of significant growth and improvement in services offered. Michael Page are now partnering with them, to appoint a Head of Financial Accounting in to their Senior Finance Team. As the Financial Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for the accuracy of the organisation's statutory accounts, ensuring all legal and compliance regulatory standards are met. You will manage a team of 6 employees providing leadership and direction, as well as seeking out opportunities for process improvement and better value for money.
- Leading the production of the organisation's annual statutory accounts.
- Keeping all Balance Sheet reconciliations up-to-date on a monthly basis.
- Be the main contact point for the organisation's external auditors.
- Ensuring that the charity correctly accounts for all business transactions.
- To oversee a Sales Ledger and a Purchase Ledger team of six employees, managing working capital through efficient credit control and payment processes.
- Maintenance of the organisation's fixed assets register.
- Act as the lead for all procurement and value for money activities.
- A Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA) - Essential
- Proven line management experience (preferably of transactional level finance staff,) acting as a mentor to less experienced employees.
- Experience running a year end process and liaising with external auditors.
By joining the Charity as Head of Financial Accounting, you'll enjoy the following benefits:
- A basic salary of GBP40,000-GBP45,000 (offered depending on experience)
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Defined benefit pension scheme
- Private health care
- Child Care Vouchers