The successful candidate will implement a robust internal financial control framework with cashier and credit control. In addition, you will lead in the production of the Group's statutory accounts and lead the financial accounting function.
Our client's vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, the clients are at the heart of what we do. We provide a bed and support to more than 2,600 people a night who are either homeless or at risk, and work to end homelessness and rebuild lives.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible for credit and cashier controls and have oversight within the team on this
- Leading the production of the Group's annual statutory accounts and oversight of the preparation of the subsidiary statutory accounts. Be the main contact point for the organisation's external auditors. Planning, coordinating and delivering the statutory reporting process
- Manage cash flow and treasury management monitoring processes through efficient credit control and payment processes and oversight of treasury activities. Prepare a rolling 12 month cash flow forecast to help inform investment decisions.
- Oversight and administration of our Finance System - Open Accounts. Including new user set up, management of the chart of accounts and new cost centre setup.
- Responsibility for ensuring all relevant taxes are identified and accurately processed including VAT, Gift Aid and Corporation Tax. Work with third party advisers to ensure the Association keeps up to date with changes in tax legislation and that processes are adapted as appropriate.
Remain abreast of changes to FRS 102 and Housing SORP and act as an advisor to the organisation
- Work collaboratively with finance colleagues across the organisation to ensure tax compliance including, the rents team, the new business team and capital development teams. Source advice form third party advisers as appropriate and ensure compliance.
- Management of the Financial Accounting Team including the assistant financial accountant, purchase ledger team of four, cashier and credit controller (including sales ledger). The team comprises of part and fully qualified accountants and those with worked experience.
- Identify training needs of business users and support the wider finance team in developing and delivering training to business users.
- Oversight and management of the month end close process including review of balance sheet reconciliations, variance reports and control performance reports.
The successful candidate will:
- Have had direct report experience including developing performance targets and setting clear objectives
- Have had cashier and credit controller experience
- Have had experience in treasury management including rolling 12 month cash flow forecast to help inform investment decisions
- Fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA etc)
- Have had experience with Open Accounts systems including implementation or experience with similar product
GBP275-325 per day.