Chair of Regulatory Policy Committee
Chair of the Regulatory Policy Committee
The Regulatory Policy Committee (RPC) is a small advisory Non-Departmental Public Body of the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. It provides independent, expert advice on the quality of analysis and evidence supporting regulatory changes that affect businesses, charities and voluntary organisations. The Committee is an essential part of the better regulation system, providing stakeholders, in particular business, with confidence that the costs and benefits from regulatory change have been properly considered. The RPC is seeking to recruit a Chair to lead the Committee and to assure the quality, consistency and proportionality of the Committee's opinions.
We are looking for an individual with direct, practical experience on business or voluntary organisations and a proven track record in a decisive leadership role.
- Provide effective leadership and strategic direction to form a cohesive and focused Committee.
- Ensure that the Committee, in reaching decisions, takes a proportionate and consistent approach and proper account of the relevant guidance.
- Represent the RPC in engaging stakeholders.
- Ensure the Committee is respected and viewed as a source of high quality advice.
- Encourage high standards of propriety; promote the efficient and effective use of staff and resources.
- Evaluating and reporting annually on the RPC's work.
- Actively participate in the appointment, induction and performance assessment of Committee members.
- Track record of building productive working relationships at all levels with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to provide direction for the organisation, deliver results and build on the capability of the organisation to address current and future challenges.
- Strong understanding of economic and other financial analysis in policy making, including economic principles underlying cost-benefit analysis.
- Strong strategic thinking skills, political awareness and judgment.
A rate of GBP500 per day capped to GBP20,000 annually. The Committee meets up to ten times a year in London. The Chair is also expected to meet with key stakeholders and- normally twice a year- with the RPC's counterparts in the RegWatch Europe network.
For further information, and to apply, go to our website via the button below and complete your application by the 22 June 2017.