Business Development Manager
A Top 100 accountancy practice is recruiting a Manager to focus on business development with client ownership. You will work with mixed clients; being their point of reference, cross selling solutions.
A new and exciting role as a Business Development Manager has arisen at a top 100 accountancy practice based on the central line in East London. This firm is committed to growth whilst maintain a size where continuity and personal attention still remain possible.
They are able to combine the expertise of a large organisation with the approach-ability of a smaller firm. They focus on quality of service and strive to meet the needs of their clients by using leading-edge technology and even offer a cloud based accounting service.
Our client use their experience to deliver an individual service to their clients. Additionally, they offer a wide range of services such as corporate finance, litigation, insolvency and audit.
A firm that hold their staff in very high regard and aim to provide the best possible working environment. This practice is dynamic, progressive and look to recruit individuals with drive and personality.
- Working on a diverse portfolio of clients including entrepreneurial owner managed businesses, high net worth individuals and some quoted and unquoted public limited companies
- Develop own professional network for marketing and introducing new clients
- To control the work flow and manage on a portfolio of clients
- To deal with technical queries
- To complete quality control
- To review VAT returns and registrations
- To communicate with line manager and develop them from both a technical and personal perspective
- Staff management such as managing productivity, lateness and inductions
- To be the primary contact with senior client staff, typically Financial Controllers and CFO level staff who will be based overseas along with UK based operational staff
- To understand the client's business and identify issues over and above those immediately arising from the work being reviewed
- To seeking to develop your interpersonal and technical skills
- Manage workload to ensure all tasks are completed according to deadlines and within agreed budgets
- Identify opportunities for additional work/cross selling
- Develop support team by on the job training, directing and supervising their work
- Follow firm's methodology and apply professional ethics and standards
- Act with honesty, fairness and integrity in all dealings with clients, contacts and colleagues whilst respecting confidentiality and building trust
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified.
- Previously performed a supervisor or manager role within an accountancy practice.
- Comfortable running your own portfolio of clients preferably from different industries.
- Ability to develop business and manage client expectations ie fee quotes, billing, collecting, managing information flow.
- Comfortable with carrying out audits from planning to completion
- UK VAT experience.
- Fluent English.
- Appraisals/staff management experience.
- Interest and/or experience in corporate finance.
- Exceptional communication and client management skills.
- Top 100 Accountancy Practice.
- East London.
- Client Exposure.
- Business Development.
- Managerial Role.